IRCTC is one of the most popular sites in India. It has a lot of significance in terms of travel, because Railways are the most common mode of transport in India. It possesses a huge market share. It is estimated that 50% of commuting and transportation is done through Railways in total. So if you looking to sign in to your IRCTC account or facing any trouble during the sign in process, just follow the instructions below.
- To Login to your IRCTC account, first browse to the official homepage www.irctc.co.in.
- In the login box located in the top left corner, enter your username and password.
- Click on the Login button and wait for your profile page to load.
- That’s it, you have successfully signed into your account.
- But most people find trouble while accessing the login page.
For users who are experiencing problems with login, just follow the troubleshooting guide illustrated below.
IRCTC Login – Troubleshooting
Due to inefficient and poor server performance of CRIS (Indian Railways servers), logging into your account and making a successfully reservation is a troublesome task, especially during the tatkal reservation period. It is even difficult to check your PNR Status during the tatkal period. Follow the troubleshooting tips below to fix your problem.
- Clear your cookies and purge page cache. Expired and corrupt cookies could be a major problem.
- Try logging in through a different browser. Internet Explorer is prone to load pages at a sluggish pace, so better switch to Opera Turbo, Safari or Google Chrome for a better browsing experience.
- If it displays incorrect username or password error message, please recheck your password and try again. It if still displays error, just click on the forgot password link.
That’s it folks. If you still face problem while signing into your IRCTC account or checking your PNR Status, contact the customer support and specify your problem clearly.