Whatsapp for PC. I’m sure the phrase itself excites you to the core. It is basically due to the fact that Whatsapp messenger is officially only available for Android, iOS and other Smartphone platforms. However, by the end of this tutorial you will have Whatsapp for PC up and running.
Whatsapp is an impressive messenger application, with numerous unparalleled features to connect with your friends. I am sure, you are already intrigued to Download Whatsapp for PC. You may find it more comfortable and flexible to use it on your computer, because it is a lot easier to type and chat on the go.
Although, Whatsapp isn’t officially available or published for Windows or MAC platform, there is an intuitive way to download and install Whatsapp for PC. By following the instructions illustrated below, you can get Whatsapp on PC up and running in a few minutes.
We are going to utilize a utility known as an Android emulator to download Whatsapp for PC. It is a simple and straight-forward procedure without any hassle. Just follow the tutorial mentioned below line to line and get started.
Installing Whatsapp on PC / Computer
Here, I am going to depict how to download Whatsapp for PC. There are two ways we can do to obtain Whatsapp on PC. In both methods, we are going to use a tool. It is an Android emulator as I’ve mentioned earlier. Android emulators design and create an environment to emulate Android apps on PC.
- Using Whatsapp for PC apk and installing it through Bluestacks.
- Installing Whatsapp on PC directly through Bluestacks app player.
Download Whatsapp for PC using Bluestacks
I’m going to illustrate, how to download Whatsapp on PC using the first method. So make sure, you have an active internet connection during installation. Whatsapp for PC is compatible with all modern versions of Windows OS (Windows XP/Vista/7 and 8) and MAC OS as well.
- Primarily, Download Bluestacks app player from the official website here.
- Now, install it on your computer and restart your PC for system changes to take effect.
- Next, you need to download Whatsapp apk file. You can find them from numerous sources (Just Google it and download).
- After downloading the Whatsapp apk file, Right Click on it and Choose ‘Open with’.
- Choose Bluestacks app player from the list, if it is not available in the list, browse to the installation location. Wait for Whatsapp for PC installation wizard to load.
- Installation of Whatsapp for PC will be automatically progressed. Just follow the on screen instructions.
- That’s it, you’ve just installed Whatsapp on PC successfully, you can now connect it with your existing account.
If you have faced any trouble or issues while following this tutorial, you can try the second method to install Whatsapp for PC. The second method is safer and simpler alternative for Whatsapp installation.
Method II: Download and Install Whatsapp on PC
In this method, we are going to use Bluestacks as well to download Whatsapp for PC, but there will be minor changes in the process.
- First, Download and Install Bluestacks from the above link. Run Bluestacks.
- You can view hundreds of Android apps and games in the welcome splash screen.
- Browse to the ‘My apps’ tab located on the top menu. You can view all the apps existing in your library.
- Now click on App search button to search for millions of Android apps available from the Play store.
- As illustrated above, Type ‘Whatsapp’ in the search input form. Choose the first result from the available options.
- It will display two options, where you can download Whatsapp for PC. Choose the first one under the ‘one’ logo.
- Bluestacks automatically downloads Whatsapp on PC and a new icon will be created on the My apps tab.
Now, you need to create a new account, or sync with your existing Whatsapp account.
Configuring Whatsapp for PC
After successfully installing Whatsapp on PC, you will need to configure it. If you do not have an existing Whatsapp messenger account, you will need to sign up for a new one, if you already have an existing account, you need to synchronize and login.
- Browse to the ‘My apps’ tab and click on Whatsapp for PC icon. Tick the I agree with terms box and click on proceed.
- Now, you need to choose your residential country from the drop down list and enter your mobile phone number.
- Click OK. Make sure you provide a fully functional number since, you will need to verify your identity using it.
- An SMS will be delivered to your number, it contains the verification code. Enter the verification code in the input form as illustrated above.
- Click OK to verify your identity on Whatsapp for PC. If the SMS verification fails, you can try verification through voice call.
- You have successfully installed Whatsapp for PC effortless and hassle free. Chat to your heart’s content.
Whatsapp for PC Spam on Facebook
If you are an avid Facebook user, you must have noticed a curious status, being shared by a proportion of your friends. It has already caught attention of numerous Facebook users. This application is as fake as it sounds, indeed. It is related to Whatsapp for PC .
The status mentions that you can use Whatsapp for PC, without installation. If you click on it, you will be redirected to a spammy gateway page and the same message will be posted on groups, pages, walls on your behalf without your consent. Developers of this app have managed to go viral using spam techniques.
I request you, not to fall for such spam applications. I have illustrated the safest and most effective method to download Whatsapp for PC. Subscribe to our blog for daily technology updates. Share your views or problems while using Whatsapp for PC in the comment box below.